25 Things to Remember on Your Road to Weight Loss Success
And finally…1. The only thing between you and your goal is Y-O-U!
2. Practice makes perfect; soon enough healthy habits will be second nature.
3. Food is simply food; not friend, not foe…just food.
4. Cheaters never win, and winners never cheat.
5. This isn’t a race; slow down and enjoy the ride.
6. Exercise is not your enemy. Fear of it is.
7. Excuses leave room for error—and you don’t have time for either.
8. Do you need it? Or do you want it? There’s a big difference.
9. Usually, saying “I can’t” really means “I won’t.”
10. Positivity promotes productivity; believe in yourself and your body will follow.
11. You are your harshest critic—be a fan once in a while.
12. There’s strength in numbers and no valor in being a lone loser. Ask for help.
13. Compliments are meant to be enjoyed, not endured.
14. Toot your own horn once in a while, too; you deserve it.
15. Reaching goal is a dream come true, but it takes doing—not dreaming—to get there.
16. ‘Til death do you part—there’s no quick fix for your weight…you have to live it for life.
17. Don’t let others’ opinions “weigh” you down; nothing good ever came of self-hatred.
18. You didn’t put this weight on overnight; don’t expect it to come off overnight.
19. Don’t dwell; if you fall off the wagon, get right back on and look forward.
20. Walk before you run; set attainable mini-goals along the road to the big one.
21. Always be honest with yourself.
22. Tune out temptation; listen to the angel on your shoulder, not the devil.
23. Rain checks are good; it’s smart (not weak) to avoid situations that test your resolve.
24. Being selfish is okay; do this for YOU.
25. Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels. (You’ve heard it before, but it always warrants repeating!)