Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday WI

I finally made it to ONEDERLAND!!!!

I'm super excited to say that after last weeks 1 pound gain I ended up losing enough to make up for last week plus some. I'm now 199.2 which puts me down by 2+ pounds. I'm so excited. This is not just a 2 pound loss for me. Ya see, I was so depressed by the gain last week that Friday night I had pizza & bread sticks from pizza hut, Saturday we went out to dinner and I ordered a hamburger with fries then Sunday after church we had family over for chili. Now chili isn't a bad thing alone but I had fritos in it, sour cream on top, plus I made cookies which I indulged in. I don't know how many I had cause I lost count after 5. I snacked on chips throughout the night to. By Monday I was over my pity party ... I've logged in no less than 6 miles a day all week long.

My cardio has been a mixture of walking in the neighborhood, walk videos, and yoga booty ballet. I'm still super sore, I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going to be sore for the rest of my life.

This coming week I'm going t o be doing everything in my power to stay on track, exercise a good amount and then my weigh in will be Thursday ... my daughter's 12th birthday. Friday we are going out of town for a few days to celebrate daughter's birthday. We're taking her to Atlanta to Medieval Times, Aquarium, and the Zoo. She loves animals so this is the perfect gift for her.

I'm working towards a May 14th goal ... it's my 15th anniversary so I want to look good. Also in May I'm meeting a long time friend. She's a tooth pick (size 6) and I want to be smaller so I don't look like a beached whale next to her. I know I can't go from a 16 to a 6 in this short amount of time ... don't think I've ever been a size 6 even when I weighed 125. But any way, my goal is to be 175 and fit back into my size 12 jeans comfortably. I think this is an attainable goal ... it's close to 25 pounds in 3 months. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't hit a plateau in this time & that the weight keeps falling off.

What did I do this past week to lose the 2+ pounds? I went back to carb control. I don't like doing it but it's the only thing that my body seems to work with. It's gonna be hard not to have a piece of birthday cake but I have already decided I will purchase the low carb ice cream so I don't feel left out. Hey, it's always better to have a plan of attack. Right?!

So that's what I've been up to. Have a great Valentine's weekend. I won't be having any chocolate. I told hubby he wouldn't live to see Sunday if he bought me anything to eat. We're not going out to dinner but staying in and preparing a low carb meal together. I got him a gift ... it's a ring ... I have one to. It says "My soul Mate" in Irish. It's sterling silver & it's beautiful. I'll have to get a pick of them tomorrow so I can share. We bought the kids a very small heart box of chocolates & a card. Sweet & simple.

2 comments:

  1. Way to Go! In Onederland. That is great. I hope you have a wonderful weekend. Your plans for your daughter's birthday sounds like a good time. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason (probably my computer) I havent seen your updates forever! Today I saw this one and thought wow she is finally blogging again but it looks like I miss a bunch of them. Oh well. Hurray for your weight loss! I'll try to be more consistent follwoing your blog in the future.
    I am sitting at 201 and hoping by next wigh in to be in onederland also. Hopefully. :-)

    ReplyDelete