Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Forgotten WI


OMG, I can't believe I forgot to log in last Friday's WI ... it was an amazing WI. I'm so happy to let ya'll know that last Friday I weighed in at 201.4. Yup ... that's a 2.4 pound weight loss.


I can tell ya what I did different. I was having a pity party last Sunday so hubby took me to GNC to ask their advice. I know it seems weird but the 4 doctors I have gone to can't find anything wrong with me & my nutritionist was at a loss as to why I wasn't losing cause in her words I ate cleaner than she did. Anyway, the GNC rep suggested a 24 hour detox (Detoxatrim), then to substitute 2 meals a day with a shake (Lean Shake) and a metabolism booster (SlimQuick). The shakes last week I was only doing once a day then measured out each meal. Felt silly cause my eye ballin technique was still pretty accurate. Anyway ... Monday (of last week) was the day I did the detox ... let me just say this. This stuff is a trick to your mind. By this I mean it smells so wonderful that you think you will have no problem sticking to it at all. HA!!! This smells wonderful but taste like chit! Honestly ... I couldn't finish the stuff. I was afraid I would be hungry but I never was. I came to 150 calories, you drink tons of water and OMG ... my gosh I was in the bathroom ALOT!!!!!


Anyway, I don't know if I can say I lost weight because of the detox, or because of the pills. Whatever it was I'm staying on the straight & narrow this week. I've upped my cardio. ThinChicks is running a miles challenge this month & my goal is to walk no less than 10,000 steps a day. So far I have had no problems with this goal at all. Yesterday I walked 10,203 steps and already today I have walked 11,542 steps. I'm so proud of myself for getting in the activity. I was starting to let it slide when the weight wasn't coming off. Bad attitude but when exercise isn't keeping the weight off ... why bother?
So, that's what I have been up to. I'll do my best to come back on Friday to tell ya how much I have lost this week. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for another 2+ pounds to be gone. I'm ready to be back in ONDERLAND!!!! =)

4 comments:

  1. Way to go on the weight loss. Keep up the good work. This week I tried one of the SlimFast strawberry drinks and they are not so bad. I wanted to see if I could drink one of my meals. It seems to be working even though I don't do it every day. Have a great evening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmi, good job with the weight loss, cute picture of you all , Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Becareful on the detox. I know a few people who ended up with sever c-diff infenctions because they detox cleaned out their bowels of everything including the good bacteria needed to keep c-diff under control. We all have c-diff, but the good bacteria keeps it under control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Woo Hoo!!
    keep up the great job... :)

    ReplyDelete