Friday, December 19, 2008

Like a hair in a biscuit

I'm still hanging in there ...

I bought hubby a Wii Fit for his birthdat on the 16th. He has been complaining of gaining weight & wanting to take it off but knowing he can't be all hooah because he's just to darned old for all that hard core stuff. Anyway, I have been trying to get him to do yoga with me but he's only interested in it if I will agree to do it in the buff. HELLO ... fat chick here ... he's lucky i9f he sees me in the buff when I step out of the shower. =P

So anyway ... he hasn't really gotten on the Wii ... but I sure have. I love the thing! I did 30 minutes of step & I'm telling ya I thought it was only about 10 minutes worth. Of course I was sweating like a PIG but it was so much fun. I did a little yoga, a little strength training and a little bit of balance stuff too ... this little machine is worth every penny. Hey ... even the kids are fitting over who's gonna go exercise now. What could be better then that?

So, with this new little machine comes a new attitude & desire to get this weight off. Now I have no illusions of reaching my end of the year goal weight but I'm determined to at least make it to 199 ... as of this morning I was 204. I can lose 2.5 pounds a week. The most important thing is I'm back to getting some formal type of cardio in. My nightly walks have fallen to the way side now that hubby is working the 3rd shift. It's his last night though ... Monday he starts his new job. I'm thinking the hours are 7-3 or 8-4. He won't find out until he shows up Monday. Since it's his first day & it's Christmas exodus around here we may not know what his regular schedule will look like unitl the new year.

Ok, so enough of my babbling ... I've made up a list (with the help of www.sparkpeople.com) of motivators ...


My Major Motivation Points below.

Personal Appearance: I want to:

•Look younger
•Wear a swim suit on the beach
•Stop avoiding mirrors
•Keep my thighs from rubbing
•Look better naked!
•Have my clothes fit better
Health & Fitness: I want to:
•Live longer
•Have more energy
•Climb stairs without being winded
•Feel and be stronger
•Bring down my cholesterol
Friends, Family and Social Life: I want to:
•Play and be active with my kids
•Do more active things with my spouse/siginicant other
•Knock ‘em dead at my reunion!
Everyday Signs and Situations: I want to:
•Be more confident in myself, with better self esteem
•Overcome shyness
•Fly, ride a roller coaster or go to a movie without feeling squashed or using a seatbelt extender
•Walk into a room without feeling like people are staring
•Relax around other people and be myself
•Have people ask if I have lost weight
•Prove to myself that I can do it.

5 comments:

  1. Love your list, Emm. Yes, we can!
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmi, there you are !!!!! I 've missed you, great list by the way, Love and Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a great list! I will have to make one too. I want the Wii fit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great list Emmi! I heard the Wii fit is hard!

    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete