Friday, December 26, 2008

MIA

WOW ... it's been a few days since I have made a post. It's not because I have fallen off the ban wagon and into a big home made apple pie. Lots of things have been going on around here. With the hussel & bussel of Christmas came a couple of family deaths. My granny has been sick for a little over a month so when my dad got the call last week to come say his final goodbyes we all knew it wouldn't be much longer ... Christmas Eve she passed away. Well, while family was saying their good-bys my granny's sister let everyone know that he son took his own life on Monday night. No one knows why ... I don't know if I ever knew him.

I'm not sad that my granny is gone ... I wasn't very close to her but I am sad for my dad and brother who were very close to her. I called them everyday this week to check in on them. My brother took it much harder then I expected & my dad took it far better then I thought. Both are doing well now ...

I've got a bug or something ... I just don't feel like eating much of anything, when I do eat I just wish I could throw it back up. Of course I don't cause my body is a funny thing ... it would rather burp & fart it out then puke it out. I can only remember one time that I have ever thrown up ... I wasn't even drunk. =}

Anyway ... Christmas morning went very well. I got new PSP software ... I'm still trying to figure it out but so far I think I like it better ... I also got a new digital zoom camera. I sooo needed a new camera. My old one just doesn't take nice photos. I have long since missed my zoom camera that got broke while hubby was in Egypt. Oh, I also got loads of make-up ... hubby did good. The kids seemed to get everything important to them & hubby as well. He got all of his gifts early cause he's a very ompatient man. he he he I got him 2 hand guns & a shotgun. He's into guns ... what can I say.

I talked to my mom ... she called me. Anyway, as always I just felt depressed/annoyed with the way the conversation went. She was going on and on and on about all the things she bought f or my neice (the neice that she stole from my brother). I'm sitting there thinking what 10 year old child needs a 42 inch plasma tv? Heck I don't even have a plasma tv, their too expensive. I don't think it's really the fact of what my neice got for Christmas but the fact that she didn't get my kids ... her grandkids a single thing ... not even a card or letter to let them know she was thinking about them. Shoot ... she didn't even ask to talk with them, I had to ask her if she wanted to say hello. She did of course but I was just so annoyed at all the things she does for her "(grand) daughter" but how my children are disreguarded. Oh well ... I don't expect anything less out of the woman.

So, my nerves have been shot but I'm still alive & kicking. I haven't been on the Wii Fit but I will be going back to it. Someone asked if it was hard ... it's not hard at all. Everything start with a short amount of time ... the skiing is only a minute long as well as hula hoop, and soccer ... I think the first jogging & step is only a minute or two. As you get stronger you have the option to go longer. The longest thing I found was the advanced step at 10 minutes. It's really boring but I have a plan for next time ... play my own music instead of keeping step to a voice that says 1-2-3-4 ... can you say boring?

So I'm off for the night ... didn't realize it was after 9pm. I'm pooped out. Have a great weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww Emmi, I am sorry you are'nt feeling well , you have been in my thoughts all day, I was going to call you today, but I am sick too, will try calling you Monday, hope by then you feel a little better, Big Hugs to you, Love Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grr that would make me mad too, about your mom, you show remarkable restraint with her. I wouldnt force myself to listen to it though, just tell her next time, "Can we not talk about gifts? Thats not what Christmas is about." he he!

    ReplyDelete