1. Pick an exercise that you enjoy. If you don’t like the exercise you are doing, its more likely that you won’t stick with it.
2. Set realistic goals. Unrealistic goals can cause you to give up to soon. Pick a goal such as losing 5Ibs in one month or running a 5k.
3. Monitor your progress. Keeping a journal to see your improvements can be a great encouragement.
4. Exercise at the same time everyday. Having a set schedule makes it easier to be consistent with your workouts.
5. Read about exercise and fitness. Educating yourself about health and fitness can help you find new ways to stay fit and encourage you to want to workout more.
6. Reward yourself after you have reached a goal. Buy yourself something nice, a new pair of jeans, a purse or an ice cream cone. Whatever Makes you happy.
7. Change your workout routine regularly. Changing your workout routine regularly will help eliminate boredom.
8. Get a workout buddy. Workout with a friend or spouse or take your dog for a walk in the park. Working out will be more enjoyable and time will fly by fast.
9. Don’t punish yourself for getting off track and missing a workout. Its not the end of the world, just start back the next day.
10. Don’t over train. Pushing yourself too hard can lead to over training. It takes time to achieve your goals. Over training can actually slow down your progress, so slow down and enjoy your