Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Computer Rant ...


I'm having one heck of a time getting my computer to work for me. Hubby thinks it's in need of more RAM but I don't see how as I have most everything that didn't come with the computer on my plug in storage. I just don't get it. This thing runs slower than thick mud ... so hubby says well, lets go get some more RAM. We get to the store & he decided I should have an early Valentine's day gift. He out right buys me a new computer. This time it's a laptop ... nice one. Sony Vaio! Anyway this thing has 4 gb of RAM. Guess what? I'm having the same damned problem as before. I can't get web pages to open, AOL stops working ... it's so darned frustrating. I want to throw this computer in the garbage, make him take the laptop back to the store & just say I'm so done with computers altogether. I'm not kidding! I have a headache just from stressing over not getting pages to open. I tried to pay bills the other day & I couldn't get the sites to hardly open. 2 bills were late cause it took me days to get them to open. It pisses me off. I'm sure it's not the web sites I go to because my kids can go to them just fine. That's why we were thinking it was the computer ... now with a new one the same problems persist so it's either me & my damned luck or it's Vista! My kids laptops have Windows XP & so does the old desktop that's in my daughters room. Do any of you with Vista have this problem? Not that it really matters cause they don't sell computers with anything but Vista on them now & to buy the Windows XP software seems like a total waste of money after what I have already paid for the stupid laptop that's turned out to be no better than this desktop. Ya know I haven't added an entry here because I wasn't able to get the page to open up! Doesn't that just bite?!


Anyway ... diet/activity wise I'm still on track. I should be taking in more fruits & veggies but I haven't been in a mood to eat this week. I don't know what's going on with me. For breakfast today I had a piece of toast with 1/4 cup egg beaters and a cup of coffee, snack was an orange, lunch was 1 cup of chili with 1/2 serving of Frito's/cheese, snack was a nutrigrain bar ... that's it so far. Dinner will be chicken quesidillas but that sounds like crap right now.


I got up at 6:30 this morning to get my cardio out of the way. It was a 30 minute walk video. I'm thinking I should probably do something else today and make it a BIG calorie burn tomorrow since weigh in is on Friday. I really want it to be a good day but I'm thinking I will have lost only an ounce or two if that. I don't know what to do with myself. Seems like I'm damned if I do & I'm damned if I don't. Ever feel that way? If I exercise more I eat more thus I don't lose weight but gain ... if I exercise less I eat less but I barely lose anything at all. Uggg, I guess I'm just in a crabby mood today & can't seem to find anything to be happy about.

3 comments:

  1. Emmi, one thing about the Apple laptops is they do'nt have Windows Vista, you are doing great with your dieting, keep up the good work, If I told you you were getting some snail mail soon would that make you smile ? You are an amazing friend !!!!!, Love Ya Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. You may need a new router. They do come in different speeds, you might need a faster one. Wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our computer occasionally runs slow and I check it to see if its running hot, because that can make it run slow. (You can check it by downloading free software from speedfan.com) If it is running hot its usually one of a couple of reasons, the heater is on (yep this causes it and lately its happened alot because its cold in here and I have to have the heater on) or sometimes the tower needs to be opened up and cleaned of all the dust.
    Another thing is it needs to be defragmented. Once I run a defrag, everything is way way faster. And of course cleaning out cookies and web pages is something you need to do weekly or that will slow you down.

    ReplyDelete