Friday, January 2, 2009

Wii Sooooore


Ouch is all I can really say right now. Hubby bought me a new game to go along with the Wii Fit. I thought Jillian would make a great addition to my fitness program because any of you who have ever watched Biggest Loser knows what a kick ars trainer she is ... I need that right now.
I tell ya ... the game is great but I'm paying for the workout I did last night & then this morning. My weight did go down though so I am a little thankful to see a smaller number showing. Anyway, the game is circuit training. You decide how long & strenuous a workout you want, program in your age, weight, height ... when your complete up pops a screen to tell you how well you did in each event & how many calories you burned. I'm burning about 250 calories for 30 minutes but I tell ya ... the way the sweat is rolling off of me it feels like it should be 400 or more calories gone. I'm not kidding. You will sweat your ars off ... literally. =)
So I have set up a 30 minute program both times I have been on it & this is how it went; for about 2.5 minutes I jogged ... then for 1-2 minutes you will have a talk to complete it could be anything from tire jumps, kick boxing, rowing a boat, throwing grenades, crossing monkey bars ... just lots of different things. After each task is complete you go back to jogging for 2.5 minutes. Now it may be longer or shorter times if you program your workout for a longer or shorter amount of time. After you finish your workout Jillian will unlock a diet/fitness tip. It's pretty cool information. This workout is not for the faint of hearts though ... if you want to quit easily ... this workout is NOT for you! My son did the 30 minute workout once & from his actions today I doubt he will ever workout to it again. He says she's evil! =) Anyway, to help you stay motivated is some rockin tunes.
I'm still working my WW points ... today was my weigh in day & I'm proud to say that even though I barely lost a thing from Monday's weigh in at least I can say I lost something ... 2 ounces. Better than gaining 2 oz.

3 comments:

  1. I didn't even know Jillian had a workout program. I just may have to get the Wii fit. I heard it is great. Congrats on the loss. You are right it is better than gaining no matter what the loss. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow i want that program! Sounds like you are doing great girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to have to look into getting the wii fit and jillian michaels program. it seems like you really enjoy it. Congrats on the loss!

    ReplyDelete