Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Enough is Enough

Ok, without any doubts at all I know that I can't keep going the way that I am right now. I can't say I'm gonna do portion control cause it's now become painfully obvious that I am no longer sticking to portion control. I think something malfunctioned in my brain when I saw the scale say I had only gained 1.2 pounds in 9 weeks cause since that time it's like my brain thinks I can eat whatever and there won't be any consequences for eating crap and lots of it.


Yesterday I was under control ... or so I thought. I had a bowl of corn flakes for breakfast & then for lunch. Dinner wasn't horrible ... we had hoaggies and a hand full of chips. DH (darling husband) and I went for our second neighborhood walk of the day and I was feeling great. Then we heard it ... the ice cream truck. Why on earth they are going around at this time of the year I haven't the foggiest but when I heard the music I was almost in a trance trying to track the thing down. Then ... there is was ... I could see it & began to walk faster & faster. I noticed DH wasn't right by my side like he previously was. I stopped as he put his hands on his hips & said my old body won't carry me that fast today. I tried slowing down but I couldn't get the music out of my head. I said ya wanna catch the ice cream man so we can give the kids a treat? He said yeah. We decided to cut through some yards so we would be back on our street and have time to walk home & get the money. To my horror ... the ice cream lady was already passing our house & coming toward us. I quickly told hubby to stop her when she came by him and let her know that if she turned around we would buy some ice cream. He said ok ... why don't you? I said cause I'm gonna run home & get the money ready! I took off ... chiweenie in tow ... headed for the house, money, & kids.


I emerged out of the house right as the ice cream truck is pulling up front ... let the kids make their order ... then I made mine. Double chocolate mud cake ice cream sandwich. At the time I didn't notice the price but I ended up paying $2 for that sucker & it was gone inside of 5 minutes. What a waste!


Ok, so thus far I still didn't do what I would call a horrible night. That ice cream probably totaled 2 or 3 small snacks for the day. DD (darling daughter) came in & asked if she could put the icing on the brownies she made earlier. Damn ... I had forgotten all about her brownies when I ordered ice cream. I told her she could. She asked if she could have a piece ... I said she could ... then son had a piece ... hubby had a piece ... all the smell was overload for my system so I had a piece as well, with a tall glass of milk. That 8x8 pan this morning is sitting on the counter ... empty! We are becoming a fat ars family. Enough is enough!

When I woke up & saw that empty pan that had 12 servings in it last night & 0 this morning I knew that we as a family are not living healthy anymore. What was a thinking? From 5-8pm we had chips, ice cream, and brownies. We weren't hungry ... we were just eating for the sake of eating.

Today, like it or not we are going back to a healthy way of eating cause we're all getting chunky monkey butts, bellies ... everything. Well of course not DD who is still thin as a rail but if she doesn't get on a better track she will be on the same path as the rest of us. Now I know in the past I have said I envied hubby cause he could eat anything & not gain an ounce. HA ... that was before retirement. The other morning we were taking a shower together & that's when I noticed his gut. Although it's tighter than mine (I'm blaming the c-section for the lose skin), he's got a lot of belly protruding. He said something to me & without thinking I said well if your not careful your gonna be a fatty just like me. As soon as I said it I saw it in his eyes ... he saw what I saw. His fear is being fat like most of his family. He said that's it ... we're all gonna do something about it. I have noticed him slacking off on some of the food, but now, I'm gonna be right there helping him, the kids, and not less important ... ME!

Whatever is planned is eaten ... no veering away from it unless it's being replace with something equally as healthy. I'm flippin sick of being fat ... my belly is now pooching out when I sit here at the desk ... it's disgusting. I just bought new jeans last weekend & this week their snug. I didn't buy them for nothing! So please join me in taking off the weight before Christmas gets here. We'll be some sexy babes in 2 months time. =D

Breakfast: 2 egg whites, 1 oz. cheddar cheese on toasted english muffin, 2 cups of coffee. (240 calories)

Lunch: Half a hoaggie, loaded with lettuce, cheese, ham/turkey, light mayo, 1 cup pear halves (300 calories)

Dinner: crazy-good turkey taco meatloaf (from hungry girl, page 132 if you have the book). See recipe below! 3 WW points

Snack: string cheese, grape juice (125 calories)



Daily Caloric total= about 920 calories. I know on the low side but this is for today only. I need to shock my system. If I get hungry I'll drink water or warm herbal tea.

127 calories, 1g fat, 688mg sodium, 7g carbs, .5g fiber, 2g sugar, 22g protein.

Makes 6 servings!

Ingredients: 1 pound ground turkey, 2 slices fat free cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup shredded fat free cheddar cheese, 1/2 cup canned sweet corn kernels, 1/4 cup chopped green bell peppers, 1/4 cup chopped onion, 1/2 cup salsa, and 1/2 pack of taco seasoning mix, dry.

Directions: preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook peppers & onions for 3 minutes over medium heat in a pan sprayed with nonstick spray. In a large bowl, combine onions & peppers with turkey, corn, and seasoning mix. Spread half of the mixture into the bottom of the loaf pan sprayed with nonstick spray. Layer the two slices of fat free cheese on top of the mixture, slices away from the pan's edges. Evenly top with the remaining meat mixture. Pour salsa over the top of the loaf. Cook in the oven for 30 minutes. Top loaf with the shredded cheese. Return loaf to the oven & cook for another 15 minutes.

If you make this, let me know how you like it!

As for cardio ... I WILL do a walk video here at the house & then do a neighborhood walk with hubby. This weight is coming off even if it doesn't know it yet.

UPDATE: I ended up doing a 1 mile walk/jog. WOW ... I'm so out of shape. I used to be able to jog the whole thing. No problem though ... I know where I need to get back to. Oh, about 8 last night we decided there wasn't anything good on TV so we went for a neighborhood walk. Just the two of us. It was nice ... the air was a bit cool ... it was perfect.

1 comment:

  1. So, you're going to start eating healthy, but you got me hungry for ice cream now! LOL

    ReplyDelete