About This Workout
Use this short workout to tone your butt and thighs without lunges or squats! These exercises target the gluteus maximus to retain strength and muscle tone and the biceps femoris (hamstrings). After just five minutes, you WILL feel the burn and notice tighter and firmer muscles over time.
- Length: 5 minutes
- Equipment: Stability ball and mat (optional, for cushioning)
- Type of Workout: Strength training (toning) & flexibility
- Muscles Worked: Glutes and hamstrings
- Fitness Level: Beginner to advanced
- Impact: Low-impact
- Safety Precautions: A mat will help cushion your body on the floor. Since this video will work your muscles to fatigue, rest at least 1-2 days before doing additional gluteal exercises.
- Tracking Your Workout: If you'd like to add this video to the Strength Training section of your Fitness Tracker, you can add it as a "user-entered" exercise. Simply list the video name as the name of your new exercise, and click to "add" it to your tracker.
- Extra Tip: These bridging exercises can also be done without a ball--simply place your feet flat on the floor. This option is easier than using the ball too.
- You can pause or rewind the video at any time if you need a break or need to watch for closer instructions. We suggest watching the video one time through before attempting the workout.
- While this workout will take you through just one set (8-16 repetitions) of each exercise, they all focus on the same muscle group. Doing multiple sets of this video is not necessary. However, if you choose to do more sets, simply replay the video until you finish 2-3 sets.
- This video does not include music, but you can play a stereo or CD in the background as you workout. Just make sure you can still hear the instructions.
- To play the video, simply click on the Play button (bottom left corner) to start. Below the video screen, you'll find buttons for Pause, Stop, and volume control.