Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Clinic bound

Ok, I'm gonna be a little lazy here & just copy this next part from my Ass Chappin journal ... I would first like to say Thank You to all who have been urging me to go see the doc. I'm stubborn & hate to watse time & money over what I feel I can take care of myslef. I don't know why I'm like that ... but I am.

Ok, on with the entry ...

I know, I haven't made an entry in about a week. I have a good reason though ... I have been having a difficult time catching my breath. This started last Thurday after an intense workout. I didn't think much of it cause I had worked out really hard. Anyway, the next morning all was well again so again I did another high intensity workout ... not long after I found it hard to breath. Saturday morning I seemed ok but I didn't want to chance feeling bad so my workout was gonna be a 30 min light walk on my treadmil. 18 min. into it & I just couldn't go anymore. I was gasping for breath & I was only at 4.0 mph ... I usually am jogging at 5-6 mph. Anyway ... the rest of the day it felt like my heart was gonna beat right out of my chest. Sunday ... I couldn't take it anymore. I hadn't exercised at all & yet I was still feeling the heaviness in my chest. I went to the ER cause our clinic isn't open on the weekends. The nurse took my vitals said everything looked normal & asked me to have a seat in the waiting room til I was called. An hour later I still hadn't been called to the back ... my heart didn't feel like it was beating abnormally so I left. If everything was normal then why bother hanging around?

Well, I was supposed to set an appointment yesterday to see my doctor but honestly I woke up feeling bettert han I had in a really long time. I thought since it was so early in the morning I would try to get a workout in & if my heart starting feeling funny then I could call the doc. I felt even better after working out ... it was a very low impact dance video ... but it was still a nice workout. After lunch I was still feeling great so I did another dance video, I was making for sure I didn't over excert myself at all. Around dinner time I could feel my heart beating a little harder but nothing like the previous nights. My dad called to check on me (I was supposed to go to the doc & he wanted to know how it went). He was getting on my case for not going & I was talking a mile a minute to defend why I didn't. Out of no where I was having shortness of breath ... justsitting there talking to him. Then he says see ... ya need to go. So I caved & said I would have an appointment for today.

Same thing this morning ... feeling great, up at 5:30 ... did a 3 mile walk ... was sweating like a PIG but didn't have any hard beating going on in my chest. DH comes home & I tell him & he says doesn't matter ... your going. So now I have an appointment at 11:30 to see my new doctor. Don't know how it's gonna go but I did another workout ... a high step workout ... I feel fine still ... but at any rate, I'm gonna ask my doc to check my thyroid. There has got to be a reason why I'm not losing weight. My eating isn't all crazy & out of control & my exercise is right where I feel it should be.

I'll write more after my doc. visit.

3 comments:

  1. Emmi, you are in my thoughts, Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope all goes well at the doctors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. lmao that is what ya get for having so many journals lmao I do the same thing girl check in as soon as you can
    hugs
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete