I got the following diet plan from Marina's journal. She found it in a diet magazine ... it's based on a 1400 calories a day plan. The food is filling so each meal really holds you until it's time for your next meal. I'll have to wait until the first to go shopping for these foods cause most of it I don't have in my house. As always ... remember to drink lots of water. 8 cups it a great start but if your working out like you should be I would aim for 100 oz a day.
Also ... keep a food log so you can periodically see if your starting to add to much food or worse ... not taking in enough. There are several free sites. My favorites are www.sparkpeople.com , www.fitday.com , and www.myfooddiary.com.
Breakfast - choose one daily
* 1 cup Kashi Golean cereal, 1 cup lite vanilla soy milk
*1 whole wheat low carb tortilla, 1 Tbs. peanut butter, 1/2 banana, sliced.
*1 100-calorie whole grain English muffin, 1/3 cup cooked egg substitute, 1 slice deli turkey breast, 1 cup fruit.
*1/3 cup cooked oatmeal, 1 chopped apple splenda and cinnamon to taste, 2/3 cup lite soy milk.
Lunch- choose one daily
* 2 cups low calorie bean soup, 1 side salad, 1 Tbs. vinaigrette, 1 small dinner roll.
* Fajitas- 1 low-carb tortilla, 5 oz. grilled chicken, 2 cups grilled bell pepper and onion, 2 Tbs. salsa
*1 3/4 cups cooked whole wheat pasta, 1 cup veggies and 1/4 cup marinara sauce
*1 serving leftovers from dinner
Snacks - choose one daily
* 1/2 cup low fat plain or lite yogurt, 1/3 cup berries.
*2 whole wheat crackers, 2 Tbs. hummus
*1/4 cup fat free sour cream, 1/2 tsp. taco seasoning, 1 cup sliced vegetables.
*1 3/4 cups fruit salad
*100 calorie snack-pack or bar
Dinner - choose one daily
* Pizza - 1 whole wheat pita, 1/4 cup tomato sauce, 1/3 cup part skim mozzarella, veggies to taste. Bake until cheese melts 1 side salad, 2 Tbs. salad dressing
* 6 oz. pork tenderloin, spice rub, 1 1/2 cups green beans, 3/4 cup whole wheat couscous
* 6 0z. lean beef or chicken, 2 cups sliced, stir-fry vegetables, 1 1/2 Tbs. stir-fry sauce, 1/2 cup brown rice
* 1 turkey burger, 1 slice fat-free cheese, 1 whole wheat pita, lettuce, tomato and mustard to taste, 5 grilled asparagus spears, lemon to taste, 1 side salas, 1 Tbs. dressing
Dessert - choose one daily
* 4 grilled pineapple slices, 1/4 cup fat-free ice cream
* 1 lite ice cream bar or 1/2 cup fat-free ice cream
* Peach Cobbler - 1/2 peach stuffed with 1/4 cup oats, 2 tsp. brown sugar,
cinnamon and 1/2 tsp. butter. Bake until topping hardens.
* 1 fat-free pudding cup, topped with 1/2 cup fresh berries
and 2 Tbs. lite Cool Whip