Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Planning activity for my weekend

I was watching the news at lunch time, well sort of daydreaming ... waiting for my soap (Days of our Lives) to come on when I hear this thing about walking to help kids. I started paying attention & found that this Saturday at the Zoo they are going to be doing a walk ... $10 per entrant but it includes admission to the Zoo plus a cool t-shirt to show you are support kids. I know you shouldn't get all excited about cardio ... but if you know me at all, you know I actually love to exercise & I love going to the Zoo so this is just the perfect thing for me to hear about. Wanna know what the kids think about it? Nick says sure, I'll do it ... Lysa says ... can I run? She's my little runner. Of course hubby will do anything I ask of him but he said he would have asked me to do it if he heard it first. I'll take lots of pics to share!!! =D

The only bad thing about the day is registration starts at 7:30 & we live 1.5 hours away. Oh well, it's for s good cause!

This is the article I found on it ...

Fitness, food and fun will abound Saturday at the Montgom­ery Zoo, all to benefit Montgom­ery's public school students.

Partners in Education (PIE) is holding its third annual Zoo Walk fundraiser, which supports tutor­ing, mentoring and work-force de­velopment programs that PIE pro­vides to schools.

Registration begins at 7:30 a.m., with the walk starting about 8. Registration cost is $10 for adults and $5 for students, which in­cludes a T-shirt and a full day of zoo festivities following the walk.

"We encourage the community to come out and bring your family, friends and people from your workplace to enjoy a wonderful day of fun at the zoo and support public education," said Dan Jones, PIE board president.

"ZoobyDoo" the zebra will make an appearance, and there will be face-painting, food and mu­sic, and several high school bands and cheerleaders will perform.

"We hope that the walk will be just as nice as it was last year," said Mary Briers, chairwoman of the Montgomery County Board of Education.

3 comments:

  1. that sounds like so much fun I wish I could go . have a good time and you know I want to see lots of pictures.
    hugs
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  2. Emmi, hope you take pictures, I want  to see, Hugs Lisa XO

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a great time, Emmi.  
    In Jillian's book, does she give weight exercises to do, cuz I was really liking how her arms look when I watched the Biggest Loser.  I have the same routine that I do, and I thought if she writes what she does in her book, it might be worth the buy.

    Michele

    ReplyDelete