Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Sore but alive

OMG ... I'm so darnd sore from all the weight lifting moves yesterday. I swear ... I really thought I wasn't going to be able to make it through today's workout. I did it though. I can't let my girl Ellen down & I certainly can't let myself down. I have to once & for all stick with something for longer then a couple of days.

This morning I was slightly bummed when I noticed the scale hadn't budged ... but instead of getting down like I have in the past & looked myself in the mirror & said ok ... I didn't lose anything ... I didn't gain anything either. At this point (although I want to lose) maintaining is way better than gaining!

So, I planned out my meals for the day, got the kids started on their school work & waited for the heating & cooling guys to show up. They were an hour late. I was a little paturbed ... don't make an appointment if you can't keep it. I'm the type of person that will show up 15 minutes before an appointment so I know I won't be late. Well, these 2 men show up & were on the ball. I'm so glad we decided to replace it. When the guy took the old one out he asked if we had been smelling anything off about the system. Of course I have pretty much since day one ... most everyone thought I was crazy when I said I thought I smelled cigarette smoke ... but then others started to smell what I was. So ... what was the smell? Was there a smell? Oh hell yeah ... there was a nice smell ... smoke! The heating guy said we were very lucky that our unit did't catch on fire. He showed us where there was burn marks on the unit. He said it looks like the outside unit was replaced but the old inside unit stayed. He told us that the longer the unit stayed the more likely the smoke would have turned into a fire. The only thing that was probably saving us was my nose & the constant need to spray the thing down with bleach so I didn't have to smell it.

 

Breakfast
Cal Fiber Fat Carb Prn
Regular Coffee, 4 cup (8 fl oz) 9 0 0 0 1
Cream substitute, Coffee-mate fat free, 2 tbsp 20 0 0 4 0
Cereals, Our Family Instant Oatmeal, plain, 2 serving 200 6 4 38 8
Bread, wheat (including toast), 1 slice 65 1 1 12 2
Butter, salted, 1 pat (1" sq, 1/3" high) 36 0 4 0 0
Meal Totals 330 7 9 54 11
lunch
None
dinner
Michelina's Budget Gourmet Bistro Shrimp and Vegetables, 1 serving 290 3 8 37 16
Weight Watchers Smart Ones Lasagna Florentine, 1 serving 290 5 8 36 15
Grapes, 20 grape, seedless 71 1 1 18 1
Meal Totals 651 9 17 91 32
snack
Cheddar Cheese, 1 oz 114 0 9 0 7
Chocolate Frozen Yogurt, 2 cup (4 fl oz) 461 6 17 72 12
Meal Totals 575 6 27 72 19
Daily Totals 1,556 23 53 217 62
Daily Goal 1500 - 1800 25 - 35 30 - 50 251 - 362 60 - 195

 

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

So exercise wise ... I wasn't going to exercise cause according to Jillian all I need to do to lose weight is weight training 4 days a week & then an hour long session of cardio once a week. I don't know if this cardio plan will ever work for me cause I'm an exerciseoholic. I read in the book where Jillian actually hates working out & just wants to get it over with as quickly as possible. This being said ... I did what I feel is right for my body ... we as a family went for a nature trail walk. 2.3 miles ... it was a slow walk but so nice. I didn't burn mega amounts of calories but I feel like I did something.

Once we came home I talked myself into getting the weight moves over with. This is what I did; military presses, bicep curls, dead lifts, hamstring curls, bicycle crunches, back extensions, basic crunches, jumping jacks (3 x 60 seconds), jumping rope (3 x 60 seconds), concentrated curls, front lateral raises, lunges & rows. I did 3 sets of 15 using my 5 pound weights.

Don't know how much soreness I will have tomorrow but it's ok. I'm building a stronger, leaner me ... & I'm worth it!

6 comments:

  1. Great job Emmie! Love the photo of your nature walk also.
    Glad you got your heating unit replaced and safe.
    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know how she stays so lean with only one hour of cardio a week.  That is insane!!!  If I do less than 5 I feel like I did crappy.  

    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  3. Emmi, hope you feel less sore tommorow, Hugs Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow.  You did alot of stuff.  I am tired just looking at it.  Hope you aren't so sore tomorrow.  a nature walk sounds relaxing.  I would love to take one but i am scared of seeing things.  I am such a baby.  

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think watching BL and seeing how much they do exercise wise and know that they are eating right and sometimes still do not loose much is what I am going to try to remember, when that scale does not seem to want to move.......time*

    hugs
    erica

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are doing great girl , and omg I remember you complaining about the smell I am so relieved you are having it changed you may have had a contratrophy , I know I can't spell today , oh well stay strong and we will get there
    hugs
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete