Monday, November 5, 2007

Yoga ... good for your body

Today Thinchicks are talking about yoga & it's benefits. So I thought I would share some stuff with all my readers here. Below you will find a 10 min. yoga session ... it's pretty darn good!

History of Yoga

Yoga began in India 3,000 to 4,000 years ago. The word yoga comes from the Sanskrit language and means, to join or integrate, or simply union. Yoga started, as far as we know, as part of India's philosophical system, but not everyone practiced yoga, and it has never been a religion.
About 5 million people in the United States do some yoga. Dance and stretching exercise classes usually have parts and pieces that come directly from yoga. If you ever go to a physical therapist, he or she may give you therapeutic exercises that are yoga postures.
There are several types of yoga. The yoga you may have seen on TV or taught at your local Y or an adult education class is called hatha yoga, or physical yoga. Sometimes it's known as the yoga for health. You may also find yoga being taught in a hospital or medical setting. Many health professionals today feel yoga can be part of a treatment plan.
Hatha yoga has three parts: a series of exercises or movements called asana (poses or postures in English), breathing techniques of all kinds, and relaxation.

Don't have 10 min. to spare right now? Take a look at these moves that you can do in your office. Stop-the-Clock Yoga <--- 8 moves to get you started.

2 comments:

  1. I swear one day I am gonna try Yoga.  I have limited time to exercise and I can't seem to want replace my cardio with yoga.  Maybe on the weekends I should try it!!!
    Evil

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want them to tape a video of someone a little bit more weight on them because I don't think I can do this stuff , with out getting hurt lol
    hugs
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete