Tuesday, January 1, 2008

TC Challenge & Video of the Day

 
Exercise Animations
Starting Position
Begin this stretching exercise in a standing position with your feet shoulder width apart.

Action
Bring one arm directly across your body and hold it tight with the opposite arm. Pull the opposite arm to your body, hold for approximately 12 to 15 seconds and relax. Repeat this stretch twice for each arm, alternating between arms.

Special Instructions
none
Exercise Animations
Starting Position
Stand with feel slightly apart, toes forward, hands on hips or one hand on a wall/chair for support. Shift weight to right leg, keeping knee slightly bent and spine straight.

Action
EXHALE: Slowly lift the left leg, keeping it bent until thigh is parallel with floor. From here, extend leg straight out from the knee until entire leg is parallel to floor and straight.

INHALE: Slowly and with control, lower entire leg down to the ground, keeping it straight. Repeat for all reps and switch sides.

Special Instructions
If you can't lift leg parallel to floor, lift as high as you can and complete exercises at this level.

Muscles Worked: Hips, Quads

Video of the Day was a last minute find for me. I was getting ready to check out of Walmart when my eyes spyed a huge display of workout videos. I was really relieved cause the stuff in the back was the same old stuff that I'm not interested in. Although I love kickboxing I'm not a huge fan of Billy Blanks, I don't know why though. When I was 234 pounds in Hawaii (2000) his videos helped me take off the weight quick. Anyway ... today's video is a walk video by Leslie Sansone.

leslie-sansone-walk-firm-dvd-Covert-Art I found this baby for just under $10 & it comes with a firm band to strengthening your muscles during this walk is an added bonus. It's a 2 mile walk with a bonus 1 mile. I did the 2 mile with hopes of trying out the last mile but I was either really working it or my ars is really out of shape cause I was pooped.

No comments:

Post a Comment